- Experience in developing, reviewing & implementing product & technology strategies across startups & teams.
- Interacted with & presented to a variety of customers, founders, investors & other stakeholders.
- “Can do” attitude - adopting flexible principles to support new feature requests at any time.
- Planning for failure by consistently considering disaster recovery & redundancy.
- Building development & staging environments to design & test new features ahead of release.
- Continuous focus on the end business goals.
- Identifying & eliminating bottlenecks in performance across the entire stack to improve user experience.
- Routinely using data-driven decision making to guarantee results.
- Creating new metrics to measure success & optimise all processes, workflows & user journeys.
- Implementing product feature-flags to enable/disable features on-demand.
- Performing live customer-facing configuration, setup & support.
- Answering user-facing queries & support requests.
- Handling IT administration & staff support.
- GraphQL & REST APIs
- Node.js (ExpressJS, Koa, Serverless)
- PHP (CodeIgniter, Symphony, Wordpress)
- Frontend (HTML, SCSS, React.js, Vue.js, Handlebars, Liquid)
- Relational databases (MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres)
- Document databases & search engines (DynamoDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Infrastructure-as-code (AWS Cloudformation, AWS CDK)
- Working as part of varying-size teams to build solutions for business goals.
- Collaborating with third-party vendors & contractors to fulfil customer requests.
- Hiring & managing software developers, assisting with learning, professional development, mentoring & running training sessions.
- Creating teams with regular sprints & release cycles, sharing updates with the entire organisation.
- Organising & attending networking events & hackathons.
Real Links - CTO
January 2019 - April 2022
- Joined as first hire after pre-seed round.
- Completed greenfield rebuild of existing site into SaaS multi-tenanted white-labelled platform operating on AWS.
- Designed & implemented an integration framework that adapts to any external system requirement, including SmartRecruiters, Greenhouse & Workday.
- Building internal tools for staff.
- Growing product team through careful & robust recruitment process.
muzmatch - Senior Backend Engineer
November 2017 - December 2018
- Joined as first hire after seed round.
- Migrated the platform to AWS from dedicated hosting.
- Reworked user onboarding to increase MAU & subscription dramatically.
- Worked with founders & team to implement new product features & staff tooling.
Car Throttle - Senior Engineer
June 2015 - October 2017
- Joined as first developer hire after Series A round.
- Built a responsive internal CMS tool for editors, community managers, social team & video team.
Mindwork Labs / Markco Media - Developer
June 2013 - August 2014
- Learning production-grade full-stack development.
- Building user-facing features & staff tools - through 2 acquisitions, from startup to SMB to corporate.
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
University of Kent
2011 - 2015
Computer Science BSc with a year in industry (2:1)
2002 - 2011
3x A-Levels 1x AS-Level, incl. Maths & Computing 10x GCSEs, including English, Maths & ICT